CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Update on my parents!

As you know, my parents were called to be mission presidents last dec. They'll leave the end of June! They are busy trying to get everything in order. My mom is busy trying to sell the salon! I think this would be a huge stress reliever for her, but if it doesn't happen, then me, my sis., my sis.-n-law and one of the girls in the salon will run it for her while she's gone. She has been getting their house organized and cleaning out stuff, getting rid of stuff, and putting stuff away! My sister and her hubby and kids are going to live here when they are gone(yay! the house won't be empty and it will be nice to have them close). My dad is gettting all his loose ends put together. While he's gone, his bro. that works with him will be over everything so my dad won't have to stresss about that! He's been doing the "honey do" list and little projects around the house. They actually feel gone in some ways.....they go to the MTC(mission training center) every wed. through sat. in Provo! They are learning Ukranian, but yet still have to learn what mission they will be presiding over! They are cute to watch! They study like crazy, and have these pink post-its all over with crazy looking symbols with what it means underneath. They try to use ukranian everyday! It is actually really cool and they have learned so so so much! They will do a great job!

4 comments:

Shawna said...

how exciting! I can't imagine being able to leave my kids for so long. They will love it I am sure. I was just talking to mo today about hanging out...seriously, we need to set up a time. My kids are healthy so we need to act fast.

Emma said...

That is so great! What a wonderful thing for your family. So are you learning Ukranian too? ;)

Brandi Schall said...

Tiffany! Thanks for commenting on my blog. It will be fun to keep up on your family, your girls are darling--I love having 2 girls don't you? (and I LOVE the names, Savanna, so pretty!)

Becky said...

Ukrainian is a beautiful language!! I had the opposite experience in that I knew I was going to Ukraine on a mission, but didn't know what language I would be speaking until I arrived at the MTC. (Bytheway, as of when I entered the MTC--August 2000--only one mission on earth had Ukrainian-speaking missionaries--the Ukraine Kyiv Mission.)