CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 8, 2008

A breakthrough!

You can introduce solids at 4 mo. if you wanna, but at 6mo. you need to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has taken me like 2 long months to get Gracie to eat solids! She has not wanted to at all. She would get so mad at me for trying and purse those lips as tight as possible so it was impossible to get into her mouth...........'til monday! This past monday I made chicken noodle soup, and we're all eating while Gracie chilled in the exersaucer by us. She was getting really frustrated and mad at us! I couldn't understand why, 'til I finally gave her a tasted of the broth..........that quieted her up in a hurry! Turns out, she wanted what i had given everyone........she'd open her mouth for it and all. I tried everything! I would make rice cereal with something sweet, with formula in it, alone, warm, cold, with my fingers(as you can see this attempt in the pic.) .....I've even put it all on the tray so she could put her hands in it and put her fists in her mouth since she loves to such on her fists and hands....also rice cereal in a bottle with the opening bigger........nothing worked! Just when I had come to terms with it and decided that it was okay.........she was healthy, so who cares if she doesn't eat food 'til she's like a year old........she decided she wanted it! It took her 'til she was basically 6 mo. old............she nowwill take rice cereal and I added some fruit to it last night. She only eats a couple bites, but I'll take that. It had to be on her own terms(just like her sis.) and thank goodness for prayer and the good man upstairs!

1 comments:

Crystal said...

What a big day! Congrats Gracie!