CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Thinning!



My hubby had to go help with father and sons outing, so what did we do? We went to the Church's orchard and thinned apricots! I was a little nervous about this, but my friend Jennifer came with me and helped out with the kids. It was a blast! As soon as Savanna learned how to pick the apricot and throw it on the ground, she was in heaven! She loved the concept.........which will make it very fun to help her learn that that isn't always acceptable! But for the moment, I let her have fun......... a little too fun! There was no thinning for her, it was complete take off! Cracked me up.........it was just at the bottom, so I hope it doesn't make a huge difference. Gracie was strapped in the back pack and tried to be sneaky and pick leaves/apricots to eat them.....luckily she didn't get too lucky! It was a great outing!

11 comments:

Emma said...

Thinning apricots, what exactly does that mean?
And that top picture is absolutly adorable!!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Yeah, what is thinning apricots? Like thinning out the trees?

Way cute picture of Savanna!

*Aliese* said...

Ah, thinning...I have had some surprisingly good times thinning trees at the church orchards! I think your previous friends who are unaware of the idea should definitely give it a whirl.

Brooke said...

I bet for a kid that's about the coolest thing you could do!! Pick stuff and throw it!

Recovery Guru said...

Good for you for taking your kids and letting them "help out" I never volunteer(or I volunteer Seth) to help because I don't want to find a babysitter, I never thought to just take Sydney with me! Thanks for being such a great example!

Brandi Schall said...

I agree with Caralee, you are such a great example in serving the church! Can I take my kids to the Bishop's Storehouse, too? I love that top picture of Savanna, such a doll!

And I never said, but CONGRATS on your husband getting to teach Seminary! That is so awesome!

McDuffie Family said...

Emma and Pam-
thinning is where you take off apricots or any fruit off the tree, so it gives the ones left on the tree to grow big.....they are so crowded at first that they wouldn't grow that big at all!

Caralee and Brandi-
You guys are sweet! Thank you! I think, as far as I know, they can go anywhere to help you serve! It's sometimes more work, but I had no idea that savanna and gracie would have so much fun! I guess we never know til we try! I can imagine now that I've said that that next time might not be as smooth, but you never know!

Brooke said...

Tiff! How are ya! Your family is so cute! I can't beleive how fast they must be growing up just by seeing how fast my littel one has grown in just 2 weeks! It's scary. anyway, it has been great hearing from you.

Frei Family said...

That looks like so much fun!!! Congratulations to your hubby on the new job!! What great news!! I bet he will be a great teacher!!

Emma said...

Thanks for the info Tiff!
I actually do that a lot in our garden, i just didn't know that's what it was called.

Anonymous said...

You have such cute girls. I can't wait until Clara can help out more. She already loves to be watching what I'm doing. I'm sure it won't be too long before she wants to be doing what I'm doing.