CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Fun times!



So, I have some friends that go to Story Time at the new library, then go afterwards to the river walk...........I call it this.........it's like a little park with water and has a river where kids can run in it and have fun! I don't go to the Story time 'cuz savanna's attention span isn't there, so I'll sometimes go after to the river walk! It's a blast! SAvanna is in heaven.....splashing around and loves climbing on the rocks.............just running free makes this girl happy hands down! Well, this last time wasn't particularly as fun! We get there and five min. into it...........savanna misread a step and head planted it into a metal bench. It took a sec for the shock to wear off and she starts bawling. I go to get her and see that she has split her chin open and is bleeding......Oh great right? So, I'm trying to keep her out of the water and put a wet wipe on the ouie! Hoping that I don't have to go get stitches for it, my friend amy points out Gracies' face! 1/2 of her face is all red and her eye is swollen shut! She either was having an allergic reaction to the sunscreen, or it had gotten into her eye and was reacting...... think the latter 'cuz I've put the sunscreen on her before! So both girls are freaking out at the same time...........I parked forever away 'cuz of no close spaces available............so I started freaking out and shutting down on knowing what to do........luckily my friends helped. I was able to give gracie to Amy, Jodi went to get a bandaid for savanna, I could get savanna an apple slice to calm her down and distract her from the water for the moment and clean her up. I wiped GRacies face a lot with water and it seemed to help, so I kept her busy by feeding her banana and bits of bread! I called mo and he came to help me get them into the car to get home. We kept the band aid on and waited for our doc. to call. Savanna fell asleep and I gave Gracie a bath to get it all off her........she looked good as new. Our doc. called and told us to come in if we were worried 'bout either. Savanna's slit had closed and stopped bleeding, so I opted to stay home and just put neosporin on it.......So, it ended up okay! Phew!





P.s. these pics were acouple of weeks ago..........not yesterdays experiences.

2 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Boy, sounds like an adventure! I'm glad you put the photo disclaimer there...I was intrigued at first to think that they were that happy during the drama!

Jess said...

Wow! I would have been freaking out too!!! A couple of weeks ago I put sunscreen on Tally and accidently got it on her hands. She started rubbing her eyes and got it in her eyes. They were totally swollen and watering poor girl. I'm glad everything with you ended up okay!!!