CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 3, 2008

Russian!




So, my parents are now learning Russian! The area in Ukraine they've been asked to be over is the Doneske' mission! They are predominantly Russian but do have a few areas that speak Ukranian, so they will keep brushing up what they have learned in Ukranian, but really start on Russian.............which has been quite a challenge. They are so similar in lingo, which makes small things confusing when having to change sounds and letters around. My mom was trying to explain the Russian alphabet to me Sun. night.........Um......yep, one ear and out the other.........it's gibberish to me! So fascinating but so hard to understand.........letters that look like our alphabet aren't the same sounds, then they have a whole bunch of interesting and neato signs that, again, over my head.............but my parents are awesome and know so much already. Here's the alphabet and our names in Russian! on the other side, my parents wrote our last name and our first names on down! Pretty nifty don't you think?

4 comments:

Frei Family said...

Wow.. no thank you... how overwhelming for your parents!! They will do a great job i am sure of it!!!

Tammy K said...

no bueno! that's very intimidating!!!Good luck to the parents!

Erika Tebbs said...

Hey Tiff- how are you doing? your family is so cute!!! That is way cool about your parents. Looks like they have there work cut out for them.......
I can't believe how fast time flys from hairschool to kids! You passed my up in the kid department but hopefully I will get there soon!

Tori said...

Hi! This is Tori Kimmons (Sargent), and we used to live at Alta with Morgan. I just wanted to let you guys know that Royce served in the Donetsk mission, so if you have any questions, or just want to know what things are like over there, he'd be happy to answer them for you. They also have a big facebook account for the mission reunion page that has pictures and stuff if you wanted to look at those. I found your blog through Sarah, and I'm glad I did! Your little girls are so cute, and I hope you're doing well! Our blog is royceandtorikimmons.blogspot.com, or Royce's e-mail address is ldskimmons@hotmail.com, if you guys have any questions. Have a happy Easter!